ZEKS CDA Alternate Cooling Source Compressed Air Dryers
ZEKS line of alternate cooling source compressed air dryers utilizes an available ammonia, chilled water or glycol supply for drying compressed air. The units are manufactured without a dedicated refrigeration compressor or condenser, as the cooling source is provided and processed by your central facility.
ZEKS CDA Alternate Cooling Source Dryers Overview
- No electrical connection required
- Protects compressed air processes – removes moistures, aerosols and other contaminants
- Consumes no additional power – uses available cooling source: ammonia, water or glycol
- Very low pressure drop – maintains compressed air system efficiency
- Stainless-steel CFX® exchangers – durable and corrosion resistant in all applications
- Complete condensate removal – efficient separation from airstream and discharge through no air loss drain
- Simple installation – requires only compressed air and cooling source connection
- 500-19,200 scfm capacities
- Pneumatically operated demand drain – for reliable condensate discharge
- Precooler/reheater – conditions air optimally before entering the compressed air piping
- No more than 3 psi pressure drop at full load (± .5 psi)
- Carbon-steel air piping, headers and separator
- Compressed air pressure and temperature gauges
- 100% stainless-steel air circuit
- Alternate drain configurations
ZEKS Ammonia Chiller Dryers (CDAN)CDAN dryers use nominal 150 psig ammonia that is expanded through the dryer exchanger. These models require a back-pressure regulator for the ammonia circuit that is available as an installed option.
- Carbon-steel components - for the compressed air and ammonia circuits
- Carbon-steel ammonia lines, headers and thermostatic expansion valve(s)
- Ammonia suction pressure gauge
- 100% stainless-steel ammonia circuit
- Compressed air outlet pressure gauge
- Compressed air outlet temperature gauge
- Ammonia discharge pressure gauge
- Back-pressure regulator
ZEKS Water Chiller Dryers (CDAW)CDAW dryers use chilled water or glycol and yield a compressed air dew point that is approximately 5°-7°F higher than the inlet water or glycol temperature. Flow control valves must be furnished by the user as well as shut-off valves, if desired, for the cooling source.
- Copper water lines and headers and carbon-steel air piping, headers and condensate separator
- 100% non-ferrous water circuit
- Inlet water temperature gauge
- Outlet water temperature gauge
- Inlet water pressure gauge
- Outlet water pressure gauge
Contact McKenzie to select the best compressed air dryer model to meet your application requirements.
For more information on Alternate Cooling Source Compressed Air Dryers
or any other product:
Call 1-800-764-9793 or use our Contact Form.