Champion Commandair Reciprocating
Air-Cooled Air Compressors
One and Two-Stage Reciprocating Air Compressors
• 1/2 – 5 HP
Champion Commandair compact reciprocating air compressors are built to the same quality standards as the larger models, yet sized for smaller air requirements. These compressors are ideal for use in small industrial plants, schools, small automotive centers, and for do-it-yourselfers.
Commandair Air Compressor Specifications
- 1/2 - 5 HP
- Up to 175 psig
- 1.8 – 10.5 acfm at 90 psig on single stage and 2.6 – 6.7 acfm at 175 psig on two-stage models
- Tank or base mounted, vertical or horizontal configuration
- Single & two-stage, splash lubricated
- Rugged cast iron crankcase and ductile iron crankshaft
- Air cooled aftercooler (7.5 HP and above)
- Auto tank drain
- Low oil monitor
- Magnetic starter
- Vibration isolators
- 1750 RPM motors
- Dual control (10 HP and above)
- Aluminum cylinders with cast-iron liners combine maximum wear of iron with cooling efficiency of an aluminum casting. Multi-finned for superior heat dissipation and longer life.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons ensure proper reciprocating balance. Two compression rings and one oil control ring are used for better oil control, less air blow-by and higher efficiency.
- High density, high silicon die-cast aluminum alloy connecting rods minimize reciprocating weight and offer exceptional bearing life. All single-stage models have integral, precision bored crank pin and piston pin bearing to properly distribute bearing loads. (Also applies to first stage of two-stage models; second stage has bronze bushing on piston pin end).
- High-quality Swedish Steel reed-type valves provide long life. Second stage of two-stage models feature single unit (disc valve) design.
- Tapered roller bearings on two and three-cylinder models provide longer life.
- Precision balanced flywheel has fan blades for maximum compressor cooling resulting in extended compressor life.
- Rugged ductile iron crankshaft has large diameter throws for minimum bearing loads, and counterweights to minimize vibration.
- Rugged cast iron crankcase designed to rigidly support the crankshaft and bearings. Convenient oil level sight gauge on two and three cylinder models, and large oil drain.
- Removable cartridge-type intake filter features a 10-micron rated element.
For more information on the Champion Commandair Reciprocating Lubricated Air Compressor or any other Champion product:
Call 1-800-764-9793 or Use our Contact Form.